What's Up Down Under Outback Adventure - Arrival + Day 1

 

Arrival + Day 1 Blog

Location: Katherine, NT


Arrival Day

Hello everyone, and welcome to my blog where I will be sharing my daily adventures with pictures and video from my trip with Macca, the What’s Up Down Crew and the Red Center Caravan group




I was very lucky to be the one representing ZOLEO and SatPhone Shop as a long-time sponsor with WUDU. I have my ZOLEO, to track my travels, the GO! exec for calls and some basic internet access as well as my Olight Mini Marauder with me. We will be travelling from Katherine through to Broome over the next 2 weeks, via the Gibb River Road. The team consists of 3 Red Center Caravans, 2 Red Centre Campervans, and the crew car.


I flew from Melbourne to Darwin on Saturday and stayed overnight in Darwin, Sunday morning went back out to the Darwin airport to meet up with the WUDU crew. I meet up with Macca, Tom, Adrian, David and Jordon (Alias Flash). We split into 2 cars and I travelled with Macca and Tom for the 4 hour drive from Darwin to Katherine. Travelling in Maccas Chevy Silverado was great, so smooth, comfortable and roomy, love the big American cars! We arrived at the Nitmiluk caravan park in Katherine where we joined the Red Centre Crew, Dean, Courtney, Charlotte, Scatter, Braith, Mark (alias Skinny) Annie, Hunter, Bruce, Robyn (alias Scotty) and Jude. It was very warm at about 32 degrees, with lots of sunshine and blue sky. After setting up my swag, had a nice dinner with everyone and slept well in my swag!



Day 1




Up early, nice shower at the park facilities and a great breakfast set up by Skinny and Annie. Day was basically a meeting and planning day for the next 2 weeks. Had a look around the caravan park, lovely pool to enjoy and nice caravan / camping sites.



The park has a great café where you can buy assorted drinks, snacks and meals and well worth a visit. Went for a walk to the Katherine gorge and a 5km trail around the National Park.  Katherine Gorge is amazing; the pics really don’t do it justice. Another great dinner and sleep in the swag! Love this warm weather, so much nicer than cold Melbourne! 😊





Check out more images below!

These are a range of images & videos from the day I arrived into Katherine from Darwin.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Good Things Must Come to an End - Thank you!

What's Up Down Under Adventure: Day 9

What's Up Down Under Adventure: Day 16